Wednesday, October 17, 2007

SKY LINE DRIVE

In the Shenandoah Valley there is an amazing and unique road that entertwines through the hills and valleys of this scenic region. It is called Sky Line Drive. I expected to see beautiful landscapes and changing leaves, what I was least expecting was exposure to an automotive culture unlike anything I'd ever been exposed to. While we were winding along the twisty roads, all of a sudden I noticed that there was a string of cars coming from the other direction... They were ALL Pontiacs or Saturns. It was a chain of these vehicles, and if there was another car brand interspersed, it was quite clear that they were not part of the pack.

It dawned on me that this was an opportunity for car enthusiasts to come together and not only enjoy their vehicles in a gorgeous environment, but with people who felt the same way about their cars. Brands are a very intersting thing, and I can tell you that I never thought Pontiacs were remotely cool, until I got a glimpse of this...

No comments: